Saturday, April 26, 2014

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Two warriors in pursuit of a stolen sword and a notorious fugitive are led to an impetuous, physically skilled, adolescent nobleman's daughter, who is at a crossroads in her life.

Impression of View
Oh man I love this movie so much. The first time I saw this, which unfortunately was not at the movies, it took my breath away. I was actually expecting something different to what I saw but I got something better.

This got me more interested in Chinese films as well and opened my viewing experiences. It is good to see the west embrace Asian cinema as well, and for Western audiences to not always see Hollywood junk all the time. Some of the best movies are the ones you probably wouldn't watch.


I think this movie can be interpreted in a lot of ways. A lot of my friends didn't really understand the ending, but I did. It was extremely powerful and moving, because I understood the meaning of it and how it is an act of releasing your torment and soul from the physical world.



 
                     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment